- RSS Channel Showcase 1886065
- RSS Channel Showcase 3780422
- RSS Channel Showcase 7964570
- RSS Channel Showcase 7120990
Articles on this Page
- 04/13/17--15:17: _Retired Men and Wom...
- 04/19/17--08:04: _Holocaust survivor ...
- 04/20/17--12:35: _Retired Men and Wom...
- 04/27/17--10:52: _Retired Men and Wom...
- 05/08/17--15:03: _Baird Nursing Home ...
- 05/10/17--14:46: _The Village to host...
- 05/15/17--14:16: _Retired Men and Wom...
- 06/05/17--14:28: _Cornerstone Pointe ...
- 06/18/17--19:45: _Honor Flight heroes...
- 06/21/17--11:09: _Cobb’s Hill Manor r...
- 05/09/17--09:00: _Office of the Aging...
- 05/09/17--09:01: _Office of the Aging...
- 07/12/17--12:00: _CDS Housing receive...
- 07/12/17--12:12: _Meals on Wheels rai...
- 07/19/17--10:19: _Heathwood Assisted ...
- 07/26/17--16:18: _Baird Nursing Home ...
- 08/04/17--13:35: _Gates Presbyterian ...
- 04/13/17--15:17: Retired Men and Women’s Club to meet May 3
- 04/19/17--08:04: Holocaust survivor to speak at FLCC
- 04/20/17--12:35: Retired Men and Women’s Club to meet May 10
- 04/27/17--10:52: Retired Men and Women’s Club to meet May 24
- 05/08/17--15:03: Baird Nursing Home holds baking activity
- 05/10/17--14:46: The Village to host Health and Senior Housing Expo
- 05/15/17--14:16: Retired Men and Women’s Club to meet May 31
- 06/05/17--14:28: Cornerstone Pointe Apartments breaks ground
- 06/18/17--19:45: Honor Flight heroes receive big welcome on Father's Day
- 06/21/17--11:09: Cobb’s Hill Manor receives Medicaid licensure
- 05/09/17--09:00: Office of the Aging offering senior transportation
- 05/09/17--09:01: Office of the Aging offering community dining sites
- 07/12/17--12:00: CDS Housing receives $19M for Webster housing community
- 07/12/17--12:12: Meals on Wheels raises $24K for Share the Love
- 07/19/17--10:19: Heathwood Assisted Living opens Memory Care Unit
- 07/26/17--16:18: Baird Nursing Home offers senior heat safety tips
- 08/04/17--13:35: Gates Presbyterian Youth host Summer Fun Carnival for Seniors
The Retired Men and Women’s Club of Greater Rochester will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. May 3 at Carlson MetroCenter YMCA, 444 E. Main St., Rochester.Clay Jenkins from Eastman School of Music will present “American Jazz Session Hot and Cold.”The venue is handicapped-accessible. For information, call 585-663-0932 or 585-287-5068.
Samuel Rind, a Brighton resident who survived the Holocaust as a child, will talk about his experiences at Finger Lakes Community College.
The Retired Men and Women’s Club of Greater Rochester will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. May 10 at Carlson MetroCenter YMCA, 444 E. Main St., Rochester.John Parrinello, Rochester defense attorney and former Republican hopeful in the 2005 mayoral race, will present “Defending High Profile Suspects.”The venue is handicapped-accessible. For information, call 585-663-0932 or 585-287-5068.
The Retired Men and Women’s Club of Greater Rochester will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. May 24 at Carlson MetroCenter YMCA, 444 E. Main St., Rochester. Josh Jensen, director of public affairs for State Sen. Joseph Robach, R-56th Dist., and candidate for Greece Town Board in Ward 3, will present “Democracy: The Delegate System Versus the Popular Vote — an In-depth Insight.”The venue is handicapped-accessible. For information, call 585-663-0932 or 585-287-5068.
The Village at Unity, 1471 Long Pond Road, Rochester, will host the 2017 Health and Senior Housing Expo in partnership with Greece Regional Chamber of Commerce from 10 a.m. to noon May 20. The free event will include over 40 exhibitors and four presentations held every 15 minutes on topics such as maximizing family health through nutrition and lifestyle; emerging senior housing communities and choices; individual and group medical, dental and vision health insurance options for all ages; [...]
The Retired Men and Women’s Club of Greater Rochester will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. May 31 at Carlson MetroCenter YMCA, 444 E. Main St., Rochester.Suzanne Feather, community health educator at MVP Health Care, will present “Golden Secuality: A discussion of myths and realities surrounding intimacy, sex and aging.” The venue is handicapped-accessible. For information, call 585-663-0932 or 585-287-5068.
Rochester’s Cornerstone Group Ltd., New York State Homes and Community Renewal, Rochester Regional Health, Genesis Housing Development Corp., Rochester Housing Authority and local public and private sector partners recently broke ground on Cornerstone Pointe Apartments, a 66-unit development for low income persons ages 62 and older. The investment enhances Finger Lakes Forward, the region’s economic development initiative that creates opportunities for individuals and families [...]
The Rochester area offered a special Father's Day weekend salute to area war heroes on Sunday.
Cobb’s Hill Manor, 1175 Monroe Ave., Rochester, recently announced its state licensure as an assisted living program accepting Medicaid. ALPs provide supportive housing and home care services to individuals medically eligible for placement in a nursing facility, but whose care can be provided in a less restrictive and lower cost residential setting.Monroe and surrounding counties have very few ALP housing options for Medicaid recipients, less than 500 beds for a population of [...]
Ontario County Office of the Aging is offering senior transportation services from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays for all Ontario County seniors. The service provides access to medical appointments, hair salons and assisted living facilities. The bus will pick up residents at their home, take them to their destinations and bring them back home. Trips are booked on a first come, first served basis. Schedule rides at least one week in advance. The bus does not run on New [...]
Ontario County Office of the Aging is offering senior community dining at 11:30 a.m. the first and third Wednesdays at St. Patrick’s Church, 115 Maple Ave., Victor. Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance. There is a suggested donation of $3.50, but no one is refused due to an inability to pay. For information, call 585-396-4196.
CDS Housing recently received $19.5 million in state funding to construct a 96-unit affordable senior living community in the town of Webster. It additionally received $11.87 million to construct a 50-unit community in the city of Elmira. The housing communities will be open to seniors ages 55 and older, people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and veterans.“This funding will further allow us to not only provide needed housing for seniors and veterans, but it [...]
Meals on Wheels, a program of UR Medicine Home Care, earned $24,709.62 from the 2016-17 Subaru Share the Love event. The program partnered with Doyle Subaru in Webster as its hometown charity of choice. All hometown charities were eligible to receive a half share of the national campaign if the organization completed at least four activities directly for the local retailer. Meals On Wheels received $3,046.76 for its activities along with $21,662.86 for being selected as a hometown [...]
Heathwood Assisted Living at Penfield, 100 Elderwood Court, recently celebrated the opening of Memory Care, a 44-unit addition for memory-impaired individuals. After a year of construction, the two-story addition features a first floor with 24 memory care apartments, a dining room, kitchen, an activities room and a quiet space. Other features include a courtyard and walking path. The program for memory-impaired individuals is designed to create a calm and comfortable environment. Staff [...]
Baird Nursing Home is reminding residents ages 65 and older to be attentive to heat conditions and prevent heat-related health issues. Older adults are more prone to overheating due to various reasons. Prescription medication can affect the body and its use of cooling abilities such as temperature regulation through sweat. Older adult systems do not adjust as quickly to changes in temperatures as younger generations. Medical conditions can also affect the body’s response to heat. [...]
Students from Gates Presbyterian Youth Group recently hosted the Summer Fun Carnival for Seniors at The Episcopal Church Home in Rochester. The carnival featured games with prizes, a petting zoo, musical entertainment and refreshments for those who live within Episcopal SeniorLife Communities’ campuses.The students were in grades 6-8 from Gates Chili, Churchville-Chili, Spencerport, Brockport and Henrietta school districts along with homeschooled families. They were in charge of [...]