- RSS Channel Showcase 6939325
- RSS Channel Showcase 2897939
- RSS Channel Showcase 1804335
- RSS Channel Showcase 2649559
Articles on this Page
- 09/20/17--15:16: _Country Store serve...
- 09/27/17--13:07: _Westwood Commons ce...
- 09/27/17--13:29: _Jazz90.1, Miss Amer...
- 10/11/17--11:35: _Retired Men and Wom...
- 10/12/17--00:01: _(No heading)
- 10/16/17--14:24: _Retired Men and Wom...
- 10/20/17--14:40: _Retired Men and Wom...
- 10/24/17--14:35: _Episcopal SeniorLif...
- 10/24/17--14:48: _Dinolfo kicks off 1...
- 10/31/17--15:11: _Residents graduate ...
- 11/03/17--14:21: _Retired Men and Wom...
- 11/08/17--06:29: _Lunch Club 60 accep...
- 11/08/17--12:40: _UR Medicine celebra...
- 11/09/17--13:16: _Universal Care Serv...
- 11/13/17--13:04: _Flu shots offered f...
- 11/23/17--00:01: _Retired Men and Wom...
- 12/18/17--11:08: _CELJ offering senio...
- 12/28/17--10:05: _Roberts Wesleyan st...
- 01/03/18--10:04: _Baird Nursing Home ...
- 01/08/18--13:55: _Lifespan to assist ...
- 09/20/17--15:16: Country Store serves ice cream to senior community
- 09/27/17--13:07: Westwood Commons celebrates National Assisted Living Week
- 09/27/17--13:29: Jazz90.1, Miss America contestant to provide free radios
- 10/11/17--11:35: Retired Men and Women’s Club to meet Oct. 25
- 10/12/17--00:01: (No heading)
- 10/16/17--14:24: Retired Men and Women’s Club to meet Nov. 1
- 10/20/17--14:40: Retired Men and Women’s Club to meet Nov. 8
- 10/24/17--14:35: Episcopal SeniorLife seeking volunteer drivers
- 10/24/17--14:48: Dinolfo kicks off 14th annual Coats for Seniors program
- 10/31/17--15:11: Residents graduate from Senior Citizen Police Academy
- 11/03/17--14:21: Retired Men and Women’s Club to meet Nov. 22
- 11/08/17--06:29: Lunch Club 60 accepting Christmas reservations
- 11/08/17--12:40: UR Medicine celebrates Home Care and Hospice Month
- 11/09/17--13:16: Universal Care Services to provide senior home care
- 11/23/17--00:01: Retired Men and Women’s Club to meet Nov. 29
- 12/18/17--11:08: CELJ offering senior legal advice helpline
- 12/28/17--10:05: Roberts Wesleyan student ministry visits local seniors
- 01/03/18--10:04: Baird Nursing Home warns of long flu season
- 01/08/18--13:55: Lifespan to assist Western Union scam victims
The Country Store at Woodcrest Commons is serving ice cream and become one of the more popular spots at the DePaul Senior Living Community in Henrietta.“We’ve had people who want to move here just for the ice cream,” said Activities Director Lindsay Lown.The store is open about four times a week, usually in the afternoons, but more recently the hours have been extended to after dinner. The store features eight flavors of Byrne Dairy and Purity ice cream for 50 cents [...]
Westwood Commons, a DePaul senior living community in North Chili, recently celebrated National Assisted Living Week. Inspired this year’s theme, “Family is Forever,” residents, their families and staff took the opportunity to recognize and celebrate the strong bonds and lasting imprints they share with each other. Westwood Commons’ celebration started with Grandparents Day, and continued with the creation of the Westwood Family Tree. Residents came together [...]
Jazz90.1 and local Miss America Organization contestant Diana Marie Russo have partnered to provide free radios to local residents diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. The program, Rochester’s Gift of Music, will donate these radios to patients, providing immediate therapeutic relief and enhanced quality of life.Research shows that Alzheimer’s patients can remember and sing songs even in advanced stages, long after they have stopped recognizing names and faces. [...]
The Retired Men and Women’s Club of Greater Rochester will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. on Oct. 25 at Carlson MetroCenter YMCA, 444 E. Main St., Rochester. Ernesto “Ernie” Barcelo, a financial adviser at Key Bank, will present “The Economy Now and the Future Outlook.”The venue is handicapped-accessible. Call (585) 663-0932 or (585) 278-6483 for information.
East RochesterTripsOct. 13-17: New York City trip, $565.Dec. 12: The Temptations at Seneca Niagara, $78.ActivitiesThursday, Oct. 12: Pinochle tournament, 10 a.m.Friday, Oct. 13: New York City trip leaves at 8 a.m.; Wii Bowling, 1 p.m.Monday, Oct. 16: Line dancing, 9:30 a.m.; bingo 1 p.m.Tuesday, Oct. 17: Pool tournament, 12:30 p.m.; New York City trip returns.Wednesday, Oct. 18: Hand and foot tournament, 10 a.m.PerintonActivitiesMonday, Oct. 16: [...]
The Retired Men and Women’s Club of Greater Rochester will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. on Nov. 1 at Carlson MetroCenter YMCA, 444 E. Main St., Rochester. Julie Jordan, of Faraci Lange, will present “Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse.”The venue is handicapped-accessible. Call (585) 663-0932 or (585) 278-6483 for information.
The Retired Men and Women’s Club of Greater Rochester will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. on Nov. 8 at Carlson MetroCenter YMCA, 444 E. Main St., Rochester. Joel Elias, of Rochester TechAge Adult Computer Learning Center, will present “Computers and Internet Safety: The Serious and Dangerous Effects.”The venue is handicapped-accessible. Call (585) 663-0932 or (585) 278-6483 for information.
Episcopal SeniorLife Communities is looking for volunteer drivers to provide rides for area seniors who are no longer able to drive themselves. Rides are provided to and from community functions, social events, medical appointments and other personal errands. Volunteer drivers will attend a one-time training, choose a geographic area that is convenient for them and set their own hours. Supplemental accident insurance and liability coverage are provided. Call (585) 546-8439, email [...]
Monroe County Executive Cheryl Dinolfo recently kicked off the 14th annual Coats for Seniors program with Monroe County Legislature Majority Leader Brian Marianetti, County Clerk Adam Bello and representatives from Medical Motors, Council for Elders, Greater Rochester Area Partnership for the Elderly, Colony Dry Cleaners and Dry Clean Express. The initiative, sponsored by Monroe County Office for the Aging and Medical Motors, collects and distributes donated winter coats to seniors in need [...]
Greece Town Supervisor Bill Reilich recently congratulated senior citizens who participated in the Senior Citizen Police Academy program. Reilich and Greece Community and Senior Center partnered with Sheriff Patrick O’Flynn and the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office to host a free Senior Citizen Police Academy. The program offered senior citizens a look into MCSO and its operations. O’Flynn, District Attorney Sandra Doorley, the public defender’s office and [...]
The Retired Men and Women’s Club of Greater Rochester will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. on Nov. 22 at Carlson MetroCenter YMCA, 444 E. Main St., Rochester. Bill Estes will present “Geocaching,” an outdoor recreational activity where participants use GPS to hide and seek containers. The venue is handicapped-accessible. Call (585) 663-0932 or (585) 278-6483 for information.
The Wayne County Department of Aging and Youth is extending an invitation to community seniors for Christmas dinner. To be eligible for the $3 meal, diners must be ages 60 or older, the spouse of someone ages 60 or older and attending the meal with them, an adult disabled child living with a parent ages 60 or older and attending the meal with them or the caretaker/aide for a person ages 60 or older requiring their assistance to eat the meal. Anyone younger than 60 that does not meet the [...]
During November, the home care and hospice community honors the millions of nurses, home care aides, therapists and social workers who make a difference for the patients and families they serve. These caregivers play a central role in the health care system and in homes across the nation. To recognize their efforts, UR Medicine Home Care is calling all Americans to commemorate the power of caring — both at the home and in their local communities — and join National Association [...]
Universal Care Services recently partnered with Greater Rochester Area Partnership for the Elderly and Lifespan of Greater Rochester Inc. to provide home care to area senior citizens.Services include help with chores, grocery shopping, transportation, travel, cooking and cleaning, along with a chaplain on staff. An elder care advocate can assist seniors with applying for Medicaid and Social Security disability, reviewing medical bills and insurance claims.The locally owned business [...]
The Canandaigua VA Medical Center and Rochester VA Outpatient Clinic will offer flu shots to veterans on Nov. 28 and Nov. 30.
The Retired Men and Women’s Club of Greater Rochester will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. on Nov. 29 at Carlson MetroCenter YMCA, 444 E. Main St., Rochester. Maple syrup producer Leon de Roos will present “The Joys of Producing and Making Maple Syrup in the Wild.”The venue is handicapped-accessible. Call (585) 663-0932 or (585) 278-6483 for information.
Seniors in Monroe, Livingston, Steuben and Allegany counties have a new tool available through the Center for Elder Law & Justice that provides brief legal services, referrals and in-depth legal services in the caller’s geographic area.The helpline provides legal advice in all civil areas of law, with the most common questions including consumer credit and landlord/tenant law. For many seniors, the first experience they have with poverty is when they retire or become too disabled to [...]
Members of In Jesus’ Name, a student ministry at Roberts Wesleyan College, brought holiday cheer during a recent visit to Westwood Commons, a DePaul senior living community in North Chili. In Jesus’ Name started at Roberts Wesleyan in 2007, and its students regularly visit seniors at Westwood Commons. Members most recently came to count their blessings and share small gifts with residents in honor of Thanksgiving. The ministry celebrated National Pi Day with Westwood [...]
The annual influenza season is underway, and the New York State Department of Health advises the public to be aware of health risks in the upcoming months. The department mandated that all unvaccinated health care employees wear masks to help stop the spread of the flu virus. Unvaccinated visitors to all health care facilities are asked to wear masks, as well. If individuals plan on getting vaccinated, a mask still will need to be worn for two weeks to allow the body to develop immunity. [...]
Lifespan of Greater Rochester, 1900 S. Clinton Ave., is assisting older adults who wired funds from a Western Union location between Jan. 1, 2004, and Jan. 19, 2017, and believe they were a victim of fraud. Leita King, scam prevention coordinator, is available to assist in completing the Western Union petition for remission forms. Call (585) 287-6371 for information.The Federal Trade Commission announced in November 2017 that consumers who lost money to scammers through Western Union [...]